A new stream under the visitor visa (subclass 600) has been released for frequent travellers. The frequent traveller visitor visa, allows the holder to make multiple entries to Australia for a period of up to 10 years from the visa grant date, and allows its holder to remain in Australia for a period of 3 months on each entry.
Currently this visa is only available to citizens of the People’s Republic of China who are visiting Australia as a tourist or to engage in business visitor activity. The applicant cannot use this visa to take on work or supply good or services to any organisation or individual based in Australia.
Tourism includes activities such as:
- Non-professional sporting activities
Informal study courses
- Relaxation, sightseeing and travel
Business visitor activities include but are not limited to:
- General business or employment enquiry
- Investigating, negotiating, entering or reviewing business contracts
- Activities related to official government to government visits
- Participation in conferences, trade fairs or seminars (cannot be a paid activity)
The visa holder cannot stay for more than an accumulated 12 months in a 24 month period. The application charge for this visa is $1,000.