Onshore Partner processing leading up to the end of the program year will no longer follow the normal rules but instead the following will be applied (link to original):
- processing no longer by month of lodgement
- priority to be given to low-risk, fully front-end loaded applications that immediately satisfy Partner criteria.
South Australia State Nomination for Skilled Migration
Immigration SA have announced the following changes today :
High points nomination
From 9.00am (Australian Central Standard Time) on 19 April 2017 the requirement for high points nomination will increase from 80 to 85 points.
This change is in response to the overall quota being achieved under the existing 80 points requirement.
This change will not affect applications lodged prior to this time. Applications for high points nomination received after this time will be refused if they do not meet the 85 points requirement.
High points and chain migration exclusions:
Effective immediately the following occupations on the Supplementary Skilled List are no longer available for high points or chain migration nomination:
- 221111 Accountant (General)
- 223111 Human Resource Adviser (not available for high points since 02/09/2016)
- 225113 Marketing Specialist
- 225412 Sales Representative (Medical and Pharmaceutical Products)
- 242111 University Lecturer
- 242112 University Tutor
- 251511 Hospital Pharmacist
- 251513 Retail Pharmacist
This change does not affect applications lodged prior to 1pm on 5 April 2017.Applications for these occupations lodged after this time will be refused if applying for high points or chain migration nomination.
Please contact us if you would like to discuss how any of these changes have affected or will affect you.